Mendip vale facts and figures
- although now a feature club, mvcc started life as a tableau club in 1965, coming runner up to county cup with the entry "crown jewels" in 1978.
- in 2006 mvcc took part in carnival as a walking group, they entered and won castle cary carnival, giving them the title of a club that's won prizes with tableau, feature & walking entries
- famous people to of eaten at mvcc's catering van at the glastonbury festival include, matt smith, chris moyles, vernon kay, kate moss, chris o dowd, badly drawn boy, jo whiley, micheal eavis, chris martin, scott mills, greg james
- the music band "ub40" once used mvcc's cart chassis as a stage for a music event
- mvcc boasts a young club with members average age being 24 years old with the majoity of the officers being under 30 (ish)
- the club started in 1965 making them the oldest club in the wells area and one of the oldest on the circuit
- mvcc has always been a wells club but for 3 years whilst the shed was being built in glastonbury butler park, the cart, tractor and generator & all belongings were moved to burnham on sea where the cart was stripped and building started on it.